Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Lites - Cinnamon Pork Tenderloin




It's my absolute favorite time of the year, but it is also the busiest time of year. This means I have to work extra hard to keep exercising and eating healthy, and with the added elf duties, simplicity is key. So to balance out the "celebrating," we are trying to keep it "lite" most nights if we can. I still love to keep the Holiday Lites festive. I found this Cinnamon Pork Tenderloin recipe a few years ago in a Taste of Home magazine, and I have since made it every year at Christmas time. It's good enough to serve to company or for a party. I served it with wild rice (I added a few dried cranberries in at the end of cooking time) and some fresh broccoli topped with just a pinch of fresh Parmesan cheese.


Cinnamon Pork Tenderloin

3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp chicken broth
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1-1/2 teas honey
1 teas ground cinnamon
1 garlic clove, minced
2 extra lean pork tenderloins (total of about 3 pounds to feed 8)

In large plastic resealable bag, combine first six ingredients. Add pork and seal. Refrigerate 4-6 hours, turning occasionally (at least once). 

Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5-10 more minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees in center. Let stand for 5 minutes; then slice and serve. 




Aaaaah. This was so quick and easy, I now have time to curl up with a cup of coffee and my pup. Hope you find ways to savor the moments of the season. 











No comments:

Post a Comment