Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cherries in the Snow



Happy Holidays. We had the first of our Christmas gatherings tonight at church with our small group. It's been a busy, busy week, and I needed something quick and easy but not boring. This is a family favorite that was shared with me years ago by my mother-in-law, Jane, when Brian and I were dating. You know the best part about this dish, besides how pretty and festive it is? It's so very easy. I made it in less than 10 minutes!! That's a good recipe! Feel free to make your own Angel Food Cake (that will add a few minutes to the whole ordeal). I always buy one already made from my local bakery. 



Cherries in the Snow

Angel Food Cake
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Large size tub of whipped cream
1 teas vanilla
2 cans cherry pie filling


Break up half of cake into pieces and layer bottom of bowl. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with wire whisk or mixer. Add in whipped cream and carefully incorporate with whisk until well blended. Pour half of mixture over cake layer. Add one can of cherry pie filling. Repeat with other half of cake, cream cheese mixture and second can of pie filling. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Enjoy!

Happy Holidays!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Katie! I have the Pampered Chef trifle dish and this will be so pretty and easy for my library Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete